Unity Effect has partnered up with ListeningALCHEMY and Raquel Ark to kick-start a movement of listening. Currently we are co-developing the content (exercises, tools, webinars), internal processes, a listening ambassador program and an online platform.
With this movement we want to:
- Create awareness around listening as a skill to practice
- Provide materials such as toolboxes and handbooks with listening practices
- Create a space to experience (deep) listening, and a space for people to practice, reflect and learn
- Create ambassadors who start with listening as an inner journey, adapting listening as a core of who they are
- Foster the intentional integration of listening as core principles in systems.
If you are curious about listening and our understanding of it, please visit ListeningALCHEMY.
What others say about listening
“You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say. That way, you’ll never have to fear an unanticipated blow.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand. They listen with the intent to reply.” Stephen R. Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
For an article about the importance of listening for leadership please click here.