We are looking for an intern to join our Network Visualisation & Analysis area from February onwards.
Network visualisation and analysis is a powerful tool to explore the relationships and dynamics that exist within a network, which are otherwise hidden. If you are passionate about these topics and you think you can contribute with the development and implementation of Unity Effect’s new service portfolio around empowering networks, we would like to invite you to apply. The above entails different tasks as detailed below.
Benefits of working for Unity Effect
We offer an environment to grow personally, gain experiences and make new connections.
As part of your internship we will provide support for personal and professional development. You will be part of a dynamic team and young organisation, with the possibility to shape and contribute to its development.
Furthermore, you can experience our new way of working in a self-organised and for-purpose organisation. At the moment our core team consists of 5 people. In addition, we work with experts and partner organisations on specific topics and projects. We therefore see ourselves as a network, which enables us to be dynamic and competitive, despite our small core team.
And most importantly: We have created an environment which equally values humanness and ‘being’, and intentional and focused ‘doing’.
- Technical implementation of our service: Developing our platform (which currently is at MVP stage) together with our experts from our network & setting up database models for data visualisation.
- Data collection, transformation and visualisation with traditional (RDBM) and graph databases, including data mining.
- Support the project management with our customers and partners around the service of social network visualisation and analysis
- Additional tasks could entail: front end design, event participation and further background support of Unity Effect and its services
To carry out the tasks, we see the following skills & experience as required:
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis, e.g. with R
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of graph databases and programs (e.g. Neo4j)
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) or text mining
- Basic programming skills, esp. Java and Python
- Practical experience in data processing, cleaning & analysis
Further skills we consider supportive are experience in business model and service development, experience in project coordination and fluency in German.
Hours of work: Min. 20 hours per week (negotiable)
Payment: Working hours & compensation to be defined on an individual basis*
*We are a young organisation, yet compensation is an important principle for us. We also like to think that there are different ways in which we can work out an agreement together with you. This could also include participating in our programs or “journeys” and offering you different training opportunities.
Duration: 3 months (up to 6 months as compulsory internship for universities)
Location: Social Impact Lab Bonn (Heinemannstraße 34, 53175, Bonn)
Starting date: 01.02.2020 (ideal)
If you are interested, please send us your CV (firstname.lastname@example.org) and a short text or video with your motivation to apply by answering the following questions:
- What inspires & excites you when thinking of this internship?
- Based on your experience, what are conditions in a team which could support you?
- What are your expectations in terms of compensation?
For more details, you can download the document available below.